EASY IKEBANA: Shinichi Nagatsuka
You don't need exotic flowers or expensive vases to create a stunning floral arrangement. Even a single flower from your garden or local market, combined with a simple container that matches its size and shape, will result in a uniquely beautiful addition to your space. Water, a pair of scissors, and maybe a few leaves, sprigs, or wildflowers are the only other items you'll need to complete your arrangement.
With Easy Ikebana, even the most inexperienced beginner will:
- Become familiar with different types of seasonal flowers, what they require and how to handle them
- Develop a sense of proportion to create a balanced arrangement
- Learn how to choose and use greenery in your arrangements, whether you're placing one flower or several
- Pick up tips for making cut flowers last longer
- Discover ways to make a strong statement using very few components
These arrangements show how striking understatement can be—not to mention how affordable. The gentle lessons in this book will make flower-arranging a relaxing and satisfying activity season after season, and the stunning photos will inspire practitioners at all levels with the beauty and power of simplicity—the heart of ikebana.
About the Author:
Shinichi Nagatsuka is an award-winning floral designer whose work has graced such events as the ceremony marking the Dalai Lama's visit to Japan and others. His authored works cover ikebana at all levels, from the most basic to the most intricate. He is an active instructor who has made numerous television appearances in his native Japan, in which he demonstrates design basics and tutorials for quick flower arrangements. He is president of N Flower Design International, an instructional network teaching floral design throughout Japan.
- Publisher: Tuttle Publishing
- ISBN: 9784805316283
- Format: Hardcover, Jacketed
- Date Published: 11/03/2020
- Illustrations: 30 arrangements; colour photos
- Number of Pages:120 Trim Size:8 X 8